The prescriptive period in the filing of disability benefit claim is ten (10)
years from the date of occurance of disability.
- Disability Claim Application (SSS Form DDR-1);
- Medical Certificate (SSS Form MMD-102)
- Member's photo and signature form (for initial claims only)
- Other documents that may be required to support the disability claim such as clinical and laboratory tests results, x-ray; and hospital records, among others.
- UMID or SSS biometrics ID card or two (2) other valid IDs, both with signature and at least one (1) with photo and date of birth
- Other supporting documents:
- If for pension - photocopy of either passbook or ATM card with validated deposit slip or Cash card Enrollment Form
- If unable to file Disability claim personally:
- sketch of member's residence or place of confinement (if local resident)
- physical examination report describing disabling manifestation, signed by attending physician (if residing abroad)
- If for total disability pension, with dependent children:
- certified true copy of marriage certificate registered with LCR/NSO
- certified true copy of birth certificate of legitimate or legitimated dependent children
- legal adoption papers for legally adopted children (date of adoption must be prior to date of disability)
- any proof of filiation for illegitimate dependent children
- claim for Dependent's Allowance (SS Form BPN-106)
Applications for disability benefit are filed at any SSS branch or representative office. You can also watch our How-To video for a more detailed instruction.