Compulsory Coverage of Self-Employed Persons


A self-employed person should accomplish and submit Self-Employed Data Record (SS Form RS-1). If he/she has no existing SS number, SS Form RS-1 should be submitted with the original/certified true copy and photocopy of any of the primary or any two (2) of the secondary documents acceptable in securing SS number.

A self-employed person who has employee/s should also register as an employer and secure an employer number by proper accomplishment and submission of Employer Registration (SS Form R-1) and Employment Report (SS Form R-1A).