|OVERVIEW||ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS||HOW TO APPLY||LOAN DETAILS|
An applicant is qualified to apply for an SSS housing loan if he meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Member is a bonafide member of a registered workers' organization in the private sector;
- Member must be a member of the SSS;
- Member has at least 36 months premium contribution and 24 continuous contributions in a period prior to application
- Member not more than 60 years old at the time of application and must be insurable. Members age 60 years at time of application will have a maximum loan term of 5 years
- Member was not previously granted an SSS housing loan
- Member has not been granted final SSS benefits
- Member and spouse is updated in the payment of their other SSS loan(s), if any
The spouse of an existing borrower may still qualify for an SSS housing loan if the loan of the existing borrower was obtained prior to the date of marriage and the loan is not delinquent.
Loan PurposesAn SSS housing loan may be used for the following purposes:
- To construct a new house or dwelling unit on a lot owned by the applicant free from liens/encumbrances;
- To purchase a lot and construct thereon a new house or dwelling unit;
- To purchase an existing residential unit which may be a house and lot, a condominium unit or a townhouse.