|OVERVIEW||ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS||HOW TO APPLY||LOAN DETAILS|
OFW member is qualified to borrow if he meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Member is a certified Overseas Filipino Worker;
- Member is a voluntary OFW member of SSS;
- Member has at least 36 months contribution and 24 continuous contributions in the period prior to application
- Member is not more than 60 years old at the time of application and must be insurable. Members age 60 years at time of application will have a maximum loan term of 5 years
- Member was not previously granted an SSS housing loan
- Member has not been granted final SSS benefits
- Borrower and spouse is updated in the payment of their other SSS loan(s), if any
The spouses of an existing borrower may still qualify for an SSS housing loan if the loan of the existing borrower was obtained prior to the date of marriage and the loan is not delinquent.
The allowable purposes for a loan are as follows:
- Construction of a new house or dwelling unit on a lot owned by the applicant free from lien/encumbrances;
- Purchase of a lot and construction thereon of a new house or dwelling unit; and
- Purchase of an existing residential unit which may be a house and lot, a condominium unit or a townhouse.
The property subject of the loan must be occupied by the owner-borrower or his/her immediate family member upon purchase of the unit.